out of business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact. When its time its time I guess. I am trying to keep a small business myself and dealing with some of the beginning aspects are strenuous to say the least. Bounced checks, call outs, call backs, employee's getting dui's, recalls and customers that are just never going to be satisfied are enough to make u throw your hands in the air. If you would elaborate on your final decision I think it would be a benefit allot of young, up and comers like myself. Good luck on your next adventure bro. Elwyn Brooks White ounce said " I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it very hard to plan the day"

dexterg

Iv'e been an electrical contractor for 27 years and this year am looking at closing up too. The work here in Tx for the small electrical contractor is the slowest I have seen since 1985. I'm talking overall, commercial, residential and service work. The phone stopped ringing in December and we struggle to keep the doors open. Thank goodness we have an emergency fund that is keeping us afloat for now. Ive been on the job boards looking for employment however no one seems to want to hire someone who is in their mid 50's. Things can only get better.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Sorry to hear this. You said you were at it 2 years? June makes 3 for me. My last boss closed up, after some bad luck, trouble customers, etc. I think he made it 8 years. Boss before him lost his spirit & sold to him. He'd been going 5 years.

This area, central NC, used to weather recessions fairly well, almost immune sometimes. But it's been a lot worse this time around. We have a few EC's going strong all through, but most hurting. I've had a few good months here & there but never for long. Economy, truck breakdown, health issues that keep me exhausted, all take their toll.

The other EC's know you & know your work, for sure. You shouldn't have too much trouble, if things are moving along in your town.

Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.