Outside Summer Kitchen 2 small applance circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Correct but if there were a kitchen there it would need 2 sabc. Detached structures and a kitchen on a deck or porch of A structure is 2 different animals.
I agree. For my Hawaii project, if the outdoor cooking area shared a roof with the main house, then I would, (1) Not consider it a separate structure, (2) Not feel obliged to give it only a single feeder to a panel of its own, (3) Feel free to feed it with as many circuits as it needed from the panel in the main house, and (4) Wire the area using the rules for a dwelling unit kitchen. The absence of a common roof (or any other reason to consider them the same structure) changes the whole game.

Optimal1

210.52 requirements is for dwelling unit outlets. This section includes outlets ouside , inside and even detached structures so imo the kitchen outdoors would be required to have 2 small appliance branch circuit.

If you read 210.52 it states dwelling units. and it also show what outlets are requires. and the outside only says it shall be installed in accordance with (E) (1) through (E) (3) . as long as you meet the required outlets you are good. don't need to have the outside summer kitchen wire as a inside required kitchen.

Optimal1

Seems pretty clear.

If you're running one circuit, how hard is it to run two? Or even three??

Its the point to save the customer money. I guess if you feel adding more money to a customer WHO doesn't EVEN what all the outlets on there counter top. they only would like one, not 5. its just wrong to make a customer add items to a house that is not required. the summer kitchen is a option and its outside. No one is calling into the county or city building department saying they don't have enough outlets outside on there summer kitchen. I believe in taking care of my customer not taking advantage of them. PUT yourself in the customers shoes. its not the point on whether we can run more wire or circuits at once.

Optimal1

It amazes me that people that can afford a second, outside kitchen are worried about the cost of an additional electrical circuit. They will probably spend more on the faucet for the sink than it would cost to add one more circuit.

So they made a budget to at least put a BBQ grill and a tiny hand sink outside in the back patio make them rich. come on now. it amazes me how people actually think taking advantage of people is not wrong. WOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.