Permanent disconnection of hot tub

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomCanuck

New User
Occupation
Consultant
I have a 23-year-old hot tub destined for the landfill due to a non-repairable plumbing failure. The electrical connection leads from the disconnect enclosure on the side of my house, underground, surfacing adjacent to the tub equipment under the deck that surrounds the tub. When I remove the tub, I need to know the requirements for disconnecting the supply wiring. Do I need to:

1) Turn off the GFCI at the panel. Set the tub disconnect "OFF" and lock the disconnect enclosure closed. Disconnect the wiring from the tub equipment, cap the wiring and leave it.

2) Turn off the GFCI at the panel. Set the tub disconnect "OFF," disconnect the wiring and pull the cable from the conduit between the disconnect and the tub. Lock the disconnect enclosure closed.

3) Turn off the GFCI at the panel. Disconnect the tub supply cable from the GFCI in the panel and pull the cable from the panel, coiling and labelling it and leaving it hanging near the panel.

4) Something else?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Unfortunately the forum rules do not allow us to assist DIYers so we will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.