pictures gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
DSC00760.jpg

That breaker on the top right is that a GREEN wire going to a breaker? I'm really curious because I see the same color going to the ground bar on the left side of the panel.

Hold this ground wire Mr inspector while I energize the panel...

Too many violations to list, fire someone, and get a qualified person to fix that $@#&^ NOW!

Embarassing to know that this was called electrical work.​

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Post #14 came in after your post so you hadn't seen it yet. Clauses such as 110.12 are not enforceable because no one ever puts them in writing ... Oh, wait, check out post #14 :grin:

The inspector specifically says the poor workmanship leads to hazards and dangers. That is sufficient to win in court. One last letter to the EL contractor for correction is now required citing the inspector for 110.12 violation. On refusal the EL contract can be abandoned without compensation and a new contractor hired to correct.
Highly unlikely to win that one in court since the NEC style manual says that the term "neat and workman like" is vague and unenforceable. There are plenty of violations of enforceable code sections that the inspector can use in this example.

Status
Not open for further replies.