Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

I can agree with that law but all of that work should be disclosed to the next shmuck who moves in to the place.

But also - fire departments are publicly funded. If that guy burns his own house down cause of his own wiring, and my tax dollars are paying for the FD to go put the fire out, then he's gonna have to answer to me :D

I won't deny anyone the right to kill themselves in a house fire caused by their own ineptitude. What bothers me is the a****e taking his whole family with him.

Jim W in Tampa

We all know it's garbage work but little or nothing we can do about it. No electrician would touch that mess so the handy man adds to it. And slum lords do not care that they might kill small kids. Granted it must be plenty old but no need for a mess like that.
If you think the fire marshal might shut it down please alert him.

PCN

The last time I saw quality work like that they had also used grounding clips on all of the plastic Carlon boxes. Instant red flag handyman special.

PetrosA

Homeowner is one thing. This happens to be the basement of a Doctor's office. I only photographed one of 4 panels in this basement. They were all wired by the same person... It was obvious.

And I'll bet the doctor has one expensive-a$$ car, too. It's really depressing how many doctors and lawyers (I've done a lot of work for both types over the years) tend to be real cheapskates when it comes to their place of business. I think part of it is that they want the look of an old, downtown style building, but they freak out when they find out what it will cost to wire it to commercial standards. Ugh...

Teaspoon

No, we just need qualified electricians doing electrical inspections for the real estate market.

I agree with you 100%. A couple of years ago I was called to check a problem with wires glowing when the dryer was turned on.
Turned out that some smart person had did a change-out/upgrade
from 100 amp to 200 amp But did not bother to up grade the entrance,
Just changed the Panel.This Lady had just bought the house a few Months earlier. And yes she had paid a home inspector to inspect the home before she closed the deal. She was given a clean bill of health on the house.

Jim W in Tampa

I agree with you 100%. A couple of years ago I was called to check a problem with wires glowing when the dryer was turned on.
Turned out that some smart person had did a change-out/upgrade
from 100 amp to 200 amp But did not bother to up grade the entrance,
Just changed the Panel.This Lady had just bought the house a few Months earlier. And yes she had paid a home inspector to inspect the home before she closed the deal. She was given a clean bill of health on the house.
She got what she paid for. Next time she will hire an electrician to inspect wiring. Too bad she cant go after the HI

Status
Not open for further replies.