plugs for conduit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichB

Occupation
Electrician/Electrical Inspector
Cut the conduit low enough so that a coupling is used to be level with finished grade--then insert a short length of pipe with a cap on it---when ready for use pull out the capped pipe and install whatever you need---This is how we do all the conduits entering our cabinets

FionaZuppa

Occupation
Part Time Electrician (semi retired, old) - EE retired.
You are making something that is very easy into a big project. :lol:

not really, was looking at the options. i am using std white PVC 1/2" slip to npt coupling with std slotted coin buttons, a touch of silicone on the coin threads and then a tad of silicone across the top so concrete can be floated right over the top (top will be flush with concrete, etc). a few days after the pour i can take out the coin buttons and replace with new ones painted to match the colored concrete, etc. i think this is the best option, allows the conduit to be plugged in inconspicuous way, extended as needed, and used for wires as needed.

thanks all for the input. this toast is done.

Nom Deplume

not really, was looking at the options. i am using std white PVC 1/2" slip to npt coupling with std slotted coin buttons, a touch of silicone on the coin threads and then a tad of silicone across the top so concrete can be floated right over the top (top will be flush with concrete, etc). a few days after the pour i can take out the coin buttons and replace with new ones painted to match the colored concrete, etc. i think this is the best option, allows the conduit to be plugged in inconspicuous way, extended as needed, and used for wires as needed.

thanks all for the input. this toast is done.

White PVC fittings are not listed for electrical. That is a plumbing fitting.
Are you running white PVC for the electrical with plumbing 90? fittings?

kwired

Electron manager
White PVC fittings are not listed for electrical. That is a plumbing fitting.
Are you running white PVC for the electrical with plumbing 90? fittings?
What he described is a PVC to female threaded adapter, he may not know that they make them or can not find versions that are listed for electrical use.

FionaZuppa

Occupation
Part Time Electrician (semi retired, old) - EE retired.
yes, i had the gray electrical ones in my hand, then switched to white. the white fitting is a tad beefier and a tad flatter on top than the gray ones, etc.

the conduit is for speaker wire.

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
yes, i had the gray electrical ones in my hand, then switched to white. the white fitting is a tad beefier and a tad flatter on top than the gray ones, etc.

the conduit is for speaker wire.

If it is not a "raceway" but is rather a "sleeve", and that probably is in your case, none of it would really need to be listed components.

Status
Not open for further replies.