POCO meter accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Kinda-sorta. You only have a 1 kWh resolution on the digital display so you might be off almost 1/2 kWh (the digital would not flip at XXXXX.44 kWh). You can read a dial much closer than 1/2 point so there would be very little difference in the digital rounding and manual guess...maybe a 1/4 or 1/8 of a kWh difference before the rounding decision is made. So after rounding, at most there would be a 1 kWh difference for an individual billing month but very little overall.

The big different comes in with the morons who can't read a dial meter or the occasional error by the genius. :grin:

1KWh I can live with, but I do agree about the genius. When I finally got the digital, it was right after I got a letter that said because I had used over 10,000 KWh for the month they were going to have to investigate. I told them that those are the kind of mistakes that get the police to your house looking for your grow lights. Many of the meters here are read with a small scope over the fence, I don't care how good your eyes are, at twenty yards, those meters can't be easy to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.