Price for 115 kWp panel install

ruxton.stanislaw

Occupation
Laboratory Engineer
If you guys don't mind sharing, what is the ballpark that you would charge (both in time/labour and materials) for placing, mounting and setting (in the ground) 115 kWp worth of panels? The panel to use would be at your discretion.

solarken

NABCEP PVIP
Occupation
Solar Design and Installation Professional
If you guys don't mind sharing, what is the ballpark that you would charge (both in time/labour and materials) for placing, mounting and setting (in the ground) 115 kWp worth of panels? The panel to use would be at your discretion.
There are just way too many unknowns to give an answer to this. Kind of like - How much would you pay to have a new 2,000 sq ft house built?

ruxton.stanislaw

Occupation
Laboratory Engineer
There are just way too many unknowns to give an answer to this. Kind of like - How much would you pay to have a new 2,000 sq ft house built?
Let's keep it simple and say, you can use the panel and mounts of your choice, as long as it is set solidly in the ground and not going to corrode. You have a level, empty field to work with.

solarken

NABCEP PVIP
Occupation
Solar Design and Installation Professional
Let's keep it simple and say, you can use the panel and mounts of your choice, as long as it is set solidly in the ground and not going to corrode. You have a level, empty field to work with.
In my house example, let's keep it simple and say the lot is level, the house has a solid foundation that won't settle, and the roof won't leak for at least 20 years. How much would you pay for that house?

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
In residential my preferred panel that happens be available for the current six months may be cheaper or more expensive than the one available in following six months, and this is one if the bigger price variables. That time horizon is probably going to be shorter for a 115kW project, where I need to find a larger number of panels in one place but still don't have nearly enough clout to make a deal directly with the factory.

I'll answer your question: 95% chance it's somewhere between $2.50 and $5 per watt. Electrical off the array not included.