Pricing Question....6,500 sq ft

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnE

I have a very detailed proposal for a home which is around 4000 square feet of which a small portion is finished basement. It was done when 14/2 romex was around $130/ 1000 and 12/2 about $220/1000. It was for a new builder so is extremely detailed, more so than my usual invoices. I'm not sure how to post it, but could e-mail it if you wanted to take a look. House had 200 amp service, 2 AC systems, about 50 recessed. It was about $18,000.

John

radiopet said:
I talked to another local EC and told him the same house I priced at $ 25,000 BASE and they had a heart attack practically...said I was $ 4,000 over priced and he would do it for much less.....and his company is no a hack....

So I guess it depends on the area...

Radio,
It does depend on the area, but the are has nothing to do with the fact that new residintial is alway the lowest paying, lowest margin of all our work, this is where most new EC's try to make a $ & learn its not worth it.
You did a 4 year apprenticeship to learn to be an Electrician.
Now, you have a 10 year apprenticeship to learn the contracting side of the business.
One thing I can advise is this, you should have a price at which, you will do anything, Call it a price menu just like the hookers do. Know your price, quote it & hope you get "your price" not some others price. I bid everything, and some of it I know I will be too high. So I don't spend much time on those bids, but occasionally I get them.

Moderators note; I removed an inappropriate link. Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.