Private messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighWirey

"Are private messages completely private "

I don't care. If a moderator can read my PMs, he deserves to. Have you ever stopped to think how much time a moderator must put in just moderating? If he has time to read PMs, good for him.

Why, some of 'em even post. One guy has 19340 posts :)
Don't they ever sleep?

Best Wishes Everyone in 2008

Pierre C Belarge said:
I guess this question is for the moderators.

Are private messages completely private to the individuals involved in the PMing?
or
Are the private messages available to the moderators/administrator/ owner of the site?

It is a cardinal rule that anything that you convey through the Internet should be considered public. That is not to say that you should not expect that a private conversation between you and me will not be revealed by me to a third party without asking for your permission, but that is only good manners. Not all people are equipped with good manners and any information posted on the Internet can and WILL be hacked by individuals who have strong motivation and desire to pilfer information for profit or just sheer malice.

HighWirey said:
"Are private messages completely private "

I don't care. If a moderator can read my PMs, he deserves to. Have you ever stopped to think how much time a moderator must put in just moderating? If he has time to read PMs, good for him.

Why, some of 'em even post. One guy has 19340 posts :)
Don't they ever sleep?

Best Wishes Everyone in 2008

Ditto to that and thanks to the moderators

John Arendt

"Why, some of 'em even post. One guy has 19340 posts
Don't they ever sleep?"

19340+.....wow! I bet that's Bob!

Not only does he sleep, he works a job, and finds time to 'hang out' here and another forum!

And, he's a nice guy:smile:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Anything can happen on the net. Years ago I got an email in my box address to another person neither whom I knew. The sender was talking trash about a coworker sex life , etc. I wrote back with a smile saying they should be careful about emails on the net. They were lucky I wasn't their coworker.

ceknight

Dennis Alwon said:
.....Years ago I got an email in my box address to another person neither whom I knew......

A while back I got a long, heartfelt email from a young man who had been through a lot of life's trials and he just wanted to let me know that my music had sustained him through many a rough period. He really poured his heart and quite a bit of detail into the email, it was almost embarrassing.

I kinda felt bad letting him know that I wasn't Chris Knight the country and western performer. Apparently he had googled for the musician's email and turned up mine instead. :O

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
ceknight said:
A while back I got a long, heartfelt email from a young man who had been through a lot of life's trials . . .

I kinda felt bad letting him know that I wasn't Chris Knight the country and western performer.
You couldn't have just sent him an autographed picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.