Pro Panel Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyatt

Re: Pro Panel Install

I'm sure that's my 10 in 1. the supply house told me it was one of kind, and thats why they charged $25, it was different than those $12 ones at big blue.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor

Nice job on the wire markers. I've been using pieces of RX jacket as labels for a long time. Is "taping" an acceptable means of identifying a white (#14,12 or 10) wire as part of a 240v circuit in your jurisdiction ? Many inspectors here are requiring that you color the wire with a marker instead. Also, I noticed (as others have) that the GEC's have been brought into the panel using those 1/4" ko's at the rear of the panel behind the large SE knock-outs. Is this legit in your area (or any area for that matter)? Do they have to be clamped and secured with an rx connector as other wires entering the cabinet are ? Just curious.

[ November 11, 2005, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: goldstar ]

electricmanscott

Originally posted by jimwalker:
I.Also shows how easily one could mis label a panel.MBR= master bed room or master bath receptacle,master bath room,or even Mikes bed room.
Where do you get the idea that the panel is mislabled? :confused:

Electrify

Looks very neat. Its nice to see a well made panel. Not to get anal but one thing extra I'de keep in mind would not to let the hot wires from the breakers overlap the g/n bars. On the left side as this person made his way down, the wires begin to cover the screws on the ground bar. When you have to come in and add a circuit live someday, you have to weed your way through to get to a terminal. Again, just mearly a suggestion and no criticism at all implied. ;)

petersonra

Occupation
engineer

Originally posted by iwire:
Originally posted by Electrify:
When you have to come in and add a circuit live someday,
But you can not add a circuit live. ;)
just out of curiousity. if one were to take this admonission to heart, just how would one go about adding a circuit if there were no disconnecting means ahead of this panel?

iwire

Staff member

Originally posted by petersonra:
just how would one go about adding a circuit if there were no disconnecting means ahead of this panel?
Call the power company to shut it down.

Unless you are self employed there is no other choice if you wish to comply with OSHA.

jimwalker

If you call the poco just to add a breaker you better be working for yourself because no company would want to keep you.You would shut down a factory to add a breaker ? :roll:

hurk27

If you look at the set of NM coming in the top on the right side the far left one looks like the strap nail was nailed through the back 12/2 romex?

Of course there is a few RC's with 3 NM's in them but it depends upon there listing, But why is there two black wires going into the offset nipple to the GFCI? maybe loaded hot receptacle up in the house?

john m. caloggero

The conductor in question is the "Main Bonding Jumper", see definition in Art. 100. Section 250.24(A)(4) describes the main bonding jumper installation. Section 250.28(D) provides the requirements for the size of the bonding jumper. I assume the panelboard is Listed, therefore the bonding jumper is provided with the panelboard. The main boding jumper is tested by the testing laboratory, as well as the green bonding screw used to ground the enclosure. If the bonding jumper is field installed, Section 250.28(D) is applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.