radio reception interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurk27

Just a note to add, most AM internal antennas are very directional, if you can get lucky, try rotating the radio, have him tune to the radio station he prefers with the interference turned off, then turn on the computer, let it get booted up, then rotate the radio slowly and see if you can remove most of the interference, if this doesn't work, I would tell him this is the best you can do, and that he should hire a radio tech, there are other methods but it would take a book of writing to to include all the things that you would need to know, coax matching transformers and low frequency amplifiers and long wire di-poles would only be a start to this but as I said before, it would all fail miserably if the radio has an un-defeat-able internal antenna.

And as far as this 82 year old farmer letting you modify his antique radio, not on his life I would bet.

Buck Parrish

I agree with Hurk as mostly ussuall. I have had the same problem.Some times a full charged battery sometimes might help.
Not saying that's the cure. It has made a difference in my radios.
Although I have one that does the same thing you ( the OP ) has described and not even useing computers. Just the fact that it is a portable radio makes it static,, etc....
Just wondering is thier any other electricity in the home. Such as lights, stove furnace etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.