Residential Life Expectancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspectorcliff

Bud, how will you know what you like if you don't try it? How will you know the temperature if you don't feel it? How will you do it? Only you know that. I could go on about my history, BUT, its your life, your family and your decision.

splinetto

My purpose for the post was to hear some of your ideas and experiences. I will switch to comm when i get my chance...But yesterday I thought my chance was coming quicker than I thought. My riding boss and owner of the Co (who I have never seen on a job) came to my job and were looking around I thought yesterday was the day...But it wasnt ...I still have a job

Awg-Dawg

celtic said:
Because the OP started in the "B" program - residential, 3 years. Switching over to the "A" program, requires another 5 years.

The short route is to just get into the "A" program - 5 years.

The short route is not available to everyone. Market conditions play heavy in the decision to accept someone as an "A" member ~ what good is a 5 year program if there is only work to sustain 3-4 years? Now the man will be out of work for one year....and may possibly quit the union resulting in the contractors who paid for the program not seeing a return on their investment (the 5 year training).

Gotcha, I figured there was a reason.

I will accept that as a good one.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.