Residential RV receptacle ground fault required?

fishingmaniac

Residential customer needs 120v 30a RV receptacle installed on outside of their house for another family members fifth wheel RV to plug into during summer months. SquareD Homeline not plug neutral panel. Is ground fault protection required? I would think so but they don’t make a 30a single pole breaker with gf for this panel. 210.8 A 3 Outside.
If required it seems I need a small subpanel from another model that has a single pole 30a GF or GF/AF too?

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Buy a 2 pole and just use one leg of it. Probably cheaper than adding all that extra stuff.
That 30 amp will need to be updated to a 50A 240v in the not to distant future so you may want to take that into consideration.

I don't know why a 30 amp at an RV park does not require GFCI, but the same at a private residence does. Check which code cycle you're under.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
Indeed, checked with Schneider Electric and they don't make a 30A SP GFCI breaker for the HOM series, but they make it in a 2P. Don't know why. They make it in the QO series.

fishingmaniac

Buy a 2 pole and just use one leg of it. Probably cheaper than adding all that extra stuff.
That 30 amp will need to be updated to a 50A 240v in the not to distant future so you may want to take that into consideration.

I don't know why a 30 amp at an RV park does not require GFCI, but the same at a private residence does. Check which code cycle you're under.
Thats what i was wondering - use one pole of a two pole breaker. I'm wondering if that's legal?
Also I'm finding combo arc fault ground fault breakers to be the same price as arc or gnd alone so I'm usually buying the combo instead but I'm not sure if arc is required here also?

fishingmaniac

I received the RV receptacle and enclosure and on it it says GFCI circuit not required for RVs with GFCI protection. This despite the code saying you do. I’m installing a GFCI breaker anyway because who knows what the future brings