Rigid See Snake or Milwaukee Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadpoint

I bought one just because I read about it here, the Brides has used it more for it’s true value than I have, the boss knows I got it and I'm always ribbed about it…just another Toy...:grin:
The See Snake...

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
mdshunk said:
One is a special model number to track those sold by the orange store which shall not be named.
So if I got a #26743 for $140 new, it would be a good thing?

iaov

480sparky said:
Didn't know the SeeSnake has a zoom function. I have one, and I love it. Paid for itself the first time I used it. I only paid $199 at the "You Can Do It, We Can Help" store. It also has two LEDs next to the camera to illuminate dark areas, and it's adjustable vie a thumbwheel next to the screen.

I haven't purchased one yet, but you can get 36" extensions for it.

Disadvantage: No Auto-Off feature. Dead batteries kinda get expensive.
I bought one after talking to mdshunk about it. First time I needed it ,it paid for itself. I use it often when I could probably get by without it. Provides some peace of mind at times.:smile:

480sparky

iaov said:
I bought one after talking to mdshunk about it. First time I needed it ,it paid for itself. I use it often when I could probably get by without it. Provides some peace of mind at times.:smile:

First time I used it, it was to trim out a house that had a fireplace. When I roughed it in, there was no FP installed, so I just coiled the wires up and laid them in the opening. I (foolishly) thought the FP installers would at least run them into the unit. Wrong!

I show up to trim, and found out they just pushed the wires out of the way, slammed the FP in, ducted it and beat feet. All I had was the hole on one side for the gas line. I had purchased the SeeSnake a week before, with no particular need in mind. Once I found what happened, I went out to the truck and pulled it out. Into the hole the camera goes, and wah-lah.. .there's all my wires..... A short scrap of #12 with a hook on the end, and within 2 minutes, I've got the wires into the bottom of the fireplace!

No way would I have been able to do that without it. My only other option would have been to abandon the wires I had installed at rough, and fish new ones up from the unfinished basement.

tonyou812

I want one too, I just keep holding out. But I hear you can get a 12v drill with it now too. Maybe if some people finally decide to pay me this week ill get one too. I just wish it was a little longer. The three feet seems a little limited to me.

sparky76

At the Big Orange the Milwaukee sells for 249 vs 199 for the the ridgid, but the Milwaukee come s w/ a free M12 drill/driver. The Milwaukee has a zoom, which the See Snake doesn't appear to have and the Milwaukee screen looks to have a little better resolution.

mdshunk

sparky76 said:
At the Big Orange the Milwaukee sells for 249 vs 199 for the the ridgid, but the Milwaukee come s w/ a free M12 drill/driver. The Milwaukee has a zoom, which the See Snake doesn't appear to have and the Milwaukee screen looks to have a little better resolution.
I agree on all those points, but for an electrician's use, either one will suit. This is coming from a big Milwaukee fan, too. A factory maintenance electrician or a service electrician might have better luck with the Milwaukee, but I honestly think they're both so close that it doesn't even matter. You might get more props for the Milwaukee. The Ridgid power tools late are pretty DIY-esque, bearing no quality resemblance to their plumbing tool cousins.

alfiesauce

tonyou812 said:
I want one too, I just keep holding out. But I hear you can get a 12v drill with it now too. Maybe if some people finally decide to pay me this week ill get one too. I just wish it was a little longer. The three feet seems a little limited to me.

My boss has been finding that issue becoming a bit more common of late as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.