Roadwork causing selected outlet voltage dip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLiu

New User
Occupation
Educator
Could the road work being done by an Electric utility company cause a prolonged voltage dip in selected circuits in an apartment? I have been having prolonged voltage dips in a few circuits in my apartment. The building's electrician worked on the outlets, and they kept failing. He gave up and now tells me that Con Ed tells him its roadwork is causing the problem. I hate to be suspicious of people, but I have known this electrician to make things up. It's not a big deal, but the fact that the roadwork would only affect a few circuits in my apartment sounds weird. I have asked a few of my neighbors, and their electricity is fine. One upstairs neighbor has flickering lights.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
There is some investigating that needs to be done but any discussion about it needs to be done with an electrician that is responsible for the work. If you can get him to ask questions here we can try and help, but this thread has to be closed per forum rules

This site is designed for:

Contractors
Electricians
Engineers
Inspectors
Instructors
This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries.

Forum rules prohibit us from assisting a person to perform or assist others to do electrical work who are not qualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.