Service Conductors, limited or not?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I understand how you see it and agree, but if we go by your definition's of inside/outside, and point of entrance, without a doubt the section of conductors within the foundation wall would be interpreted as being inside the building. ...
I just don't see it that way:D

service enterance

service enterance

Artical 230.70 (1) States readily accessible either outside building or structure or inside nearest point of entrance of srevice conductors

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I just don't see it that way:D
No surprise ;)

So you are saying that the point of entrance is where conductor penetrate the outer surface of a building, but foundation walls are not part of the building when there is earth on both sides? :roll:

Can you provide "clear" definitions of inside versus outside and point of entrance? ;)

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
No surprise ;)

So you are saying that the point of entrance is where conductor penetrate the outer surface of a building, but foundation walls are not part of the building when there is earth on both sides? :roll:

Can you provide "clear" definitions of inside versus outside and point of entrance? ;)
It is part of the building structure, but I don't see it as within the building because when you pass through the foundation, you are not surrounded by the building structure on all four sides. There would have to be some additional wording that would cover buildings with earth floors. Maybe something about open spaces of any type surrounded on at least 3 sides by building structure.

mivey

It is part of the building structure, but I don't see it as within the building because when you pass through the foundation, you are not surrounded by the building structure on all four sides. There would have to be some additional wording that would cover buildings with earth floors. Maybe something about open spaces of any type surrounded on at least 3 sides by building structure.
3 sides? Some might just have two sides.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
A typical four-sided building/structure with foundation walls has foundation walls on all four sides. It seems to me the difference is earth within the four walls rather than "air", like in a basement or crawl space.

Status
Not open for further replies.