Service Grounding Twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
stickboy1375 said:
sorry, was not busting your chops, I just dislike that word...

Many years ago I had a problem with my car and dropped it off at the mechanic's. The next day I went to check to see if they had found out anything and the mechanic came out and told me that my timing was retarded.

I apologized and asked if there would be a better time for me to check back.

(If you got *that* joke you are old!!)

stickboy1375

K8MHZ said:
Many years ago I had a problem with my car and dropped it off at the mechanic's. The next day I went to check to see if they had found out anything and the mechanic came out and told me that my timing was retarded.

I apologized and asked if there would be a better time for me to check back.

(If you got *that* joke you are old!!)

I'm not old but I still got it... thanks for the laugh...

tryinghard

stuartdmc said:
?We are under the 2007 CEC and will be referring to it from this point forward.

I find myself stuck with all of this out dated reference material from my years of designing electrical systems. It feels like I have to be retrained or update my Library one of the two.

Stuart.

Stuart,

If you mean CEC as California, that's where I'm from as well. I understand the CEC is nearly the same as the NEC because the CEC simply adopted the NEC around 1996; you should be able to look up 250.32 in it as well. The NEC will still apply throughout CA even with the CEC listed.

My suggestion is, if in doubt do not bond the neutral past the service disconnect, follow 2008, it is proven safe. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.