Service Install Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnJ0906

mdshunk said:
Probably would be covered by the IBC, now that I think more about it.

NFPA 101 - Life Safety Code. There is an entire chapter on Means of Egress, (Chapter 7) with some fairly strict guidelines on fire escape stairs. (7.2.8) Seems that stairways are prefered.

iwire

Staff member
Pierre C Belarge said:
I am not inspecting this job, I just have a question and I want to use the info for one of my presentations.

My honest opinion is this is not a photo that should be used for code instructional purposes.

IMO you should use photos that are clearly legal or clearly in violation.

If you use this type of photo IMO you will only confuse the issue. This type of installation will end up being a judgment call by the inspector and you can't teach what each inspectors judgment will be.

IMPO that photo could only be used as example of the real world and how inspectors (like ECs) all have different opinions. :)

iwire

Staff member
JohnJ0906 said:
And that might be valuable in and of itself....

I agree, used in that way the photo could be helpful. :cool:

But to show that photo and state it is or is not a violation will not be helpful in my humble opinion.

Yes, I agree the angles are tough for this picture, and you are probably right in that I should not use this picture as an instructional tool. When I get in front of a bunch of people for instruction, I try to keep it as black and white as is possible...but that in itself is not always a good idea. The service on the brick building is not an issue.

Here is another angle, still tough, but another angle.
IMG_3192.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.