Splice in post

Status
Not open for further replies.

jute

Back to what the OP wants to do: He mentioned cutting in a handhole...DON'T do it without an ok in writing from the pole manufacturer. You could weaken the pole structurally and would be held liable if it were to break or fail.

The OP is not clear (to me anyway) as to if the conduits are INSIDE the pole or outside.

If inside, the only compliant way I see is for the wire runs in EACH conduit be re-pulled and made long enough to reach the top of the pole for splicing.

Thanks to all for the replys and sorry for the confusion...The conduit was on the inside of the pole and the wire runs in EACH conduit was re-pulled and made long enough to reach the top of the pole for splicing.(as stated above)

Thanks Again! JB

mcclary's electrical

Never seen one and do not understand how it would be installed.

Can you show us one?

I did one a few weeks ago, The pole was all one piece, with (3) flat places molded equally around the sides, near the top of the pole. On the flat spots were (4) 1/4" threaded holes, with a 1/2" hole in the center of the (4) threaded holes.

(3) Luminaires bolted to the (3) flat spots, the luminaires had whips on them long enough to be fed through the 1/2" hole all the way to the bottom, where you make the joints up. There is no room to make joints up top. With a light like this, you cannot remove the luminaires to access the joints, you have to remove the whole pole

jute

I did one a few weeks ago, The pole was all one piece, with (3) flat places molded equally around the sides, near the top of the pole. On the flat spots were (4) 1/4" threaded holes, with a 1/2" hole in the center of the (4) threaded holes.

(3) Luminaires bolted to the (3) flat spots, the luminaires had whips on them long enough to be fed through the 1/2" hole all the way to the bottom, where you make the joints up. There is no room to make joints up top. With a light like this, you cannot remove the luminaires to access the joints, you have to remove the whole pole

I didn't do a post like what was posted, I installed a 3"OD x 6' galvanized post with a single post light which had a 3" post cap attached to the bottom of the fixture for mounting on top of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.