Starting my own business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aline

As Electricmanscott stated, "flying by the seat of your pants", is exactly what I did. Know matter how many license or exams you can pass, school of hard knocks is the only degree that matters. I consider myself myself a competent electrician, but a mediocre electrical CONTRACTOR. So much about the business side of the trade I completely had to learn the hard way. Good Luck!
You could learn from the school of hard knocks or you could learn from this guy.
http://www.serviceroundtable.com/info/servantleaders/blau.htm

A link to his book.
http://www.flatratepricing.com/boc.html

ty

Most guys start out flying by the seat of their pants. I did and it worked out fine, others crash and burn. I would bet that most start as I did and you plan to. Small jobs nights and weekends making little money but learning the ins and outs of the game. Believe me, it is a game.

Some of the guys here will try to scare the hell out of you with all kinds of mumbo jumbo. lawyers, bankers, business plans, acountants, and so on. Some of it is real, some is overdramatizing and some should just be ignored.

Standing by for the two page list of expenses that always gets posted in these topics......

Well, we are on page 5 now.

I have missed being a part of this forum, but I am glad to see that Scott is still here! (if I remember correctly, he had been MIA for an extended period a year or 2 ago, too)

-Todd

AV ELECTRIC

Well it sounds like you want your cake and eat it to . your fortunate to have a job at this time. By working part time you may be removing income from ecs that are struggling and thats there only income .

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Do I read you correctly Satcom? You are encouraging him to use his employer's work truck and materials for his own business? Would you want your employee doing that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.