the old watertight pvc connection to box.

farmantenna

found this bulletin regarding this. interesting find. I guess I need more letters for this to post?? got a notice

Attachments

• bulletin-caen-ipex-scepter-watertight-jbox-connections.pdf
    182.5 KB · Views: 36

garbo

Sometimes I stop the step bit early and thread in my TA then the locknut is just a little extra for giggles
While attending an IAEI meeting/ continuing education class that nights instructor a brilliant well respected person from UL Labs asked us a few "Is that a code issue" . He said that you should never drill a hole thru a PVC FS or FD box. My come back was when you purchase 6 by 6" & larger PVC boxes you must drill holes. He replied that just because you can do something too often its not code complient. I always stocked sealing locknuts & sealing O rings.

kwired

Electron manager
While attending an IAEI meeting/ continuing education class that nights instructor a brilliant well respected person from UL Labs asked us a few "Is that a code issue" . He said that you should never drill a hole thru a PVC FS or FD box. My come back was when you purchase 6 by 6" & larger PVC boxes you must drill holes. He replied that just because you can do something too often its not code complient. I always stocked sealing locknuts & sealing O rings.
He maybe is right when it comes to FS or FD boxes.