"They" say it will work fine . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Open Neutral

Occupation
Engineer
I once hand-carried a 208V 20 HP Lincoln Electric motor to South America to replace the 230V one that had failed.

Realize that the load is often fixed by the process demand; when you supply too little voltage there must be more current to create the same output horsepower; and thus more I^2R drop aka heat in windings.

kwired

Electron manager
I once hand-carried a 208V 20 HP Lincoln Electric motor to South America to replace the 230V one that had failed.

Realize that the load is often fixed by the process demand; when you supply too little voltage there must be more current to create the same output horsepower; and thus more I^2R drop aka heat in windings.

I don't know that I could even pick up a 20 HP motor by myself. :cool:

Open Neutral

Occupation
Engineer
I don't know that I could even pick up a 20 HP motor by myself. :cool:

I had help at both ends. And, no... it wasn't a carryon. It rode as baggage in a L-1011, for which I paid the standard extra baggage charge of $40. I [honest to gosh] tried to pay by the pound as I should, but Eastern could not grok what I was saying....

kwired

Electron manager
I had help at both ends. And, no... it wasn't a carryon. It rode as baggage in a L-1011, for which I paid the standard extra baggage charge of $40. I [honest to gosh] tried to pay by the pound as I should, but Eastern could not grok what I was saying....

$40 freight for that heavy of an item is pretty cheap isn't it? Maybe you should have checked yourself in as baggage:lol:

Open Neutral

Occupation
Engineer
$40 freight for that heavy of an item is pretty cheap isn't it? Maybe you should have checked yourself in as baggage:lol:

I spent 15 minutes arguing with them; it should have been 1% of First Class airfare per kilo; but they kept insisting it could not be that heavy; while it was already in the hold......

Status
Not open for further replies.