THHN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Bob asked a question,"What would you use?" So I answered it. You may not see AL anything but all that means is your doing a different type of work. When it comes to making money and there is nothing requiring CU in the spex Why not use AL? It is less expensive, it preforms just as good as CU (if not better) and it is easier to work with. I would even argue, to a tree hugger, that it is "GREENER" then copper because it is less dammaging to the environment.
Using "Al" in preference to "Cu" wasn't the point. You said you'd use XHHW... implying that XHHW was "Cu" only. XHHW is available as either "Cu" or "Al" conductors. If your supplier doesn't stock it, or you commonly use something else, that doesn't mean "Al" XHHW don't exist.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
Using "Al" in preference to "Cu" wasn't the point. You said you'd use XHHW... implying that XHHW was "Cu" only. XHHW is available as either "Cu" or "Al" conductors. If your supplier doesn't stock it, or you commonly use something else, that doesn't mean "Al" XHHW don't exist.

learn something new everyday, I didn't know Xhhw was avalible in CU my supplier only has it in AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.