trim plate screws?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats the easist way to tell if somebody who should not be doing electrical has been tinkering. If I spot two boxes one with inproperly installed screws, I'm gonna look there first.

gndrod

cross threading? why?

Maybe the secret electrician's handshake will give a good reason why...aligned slots are a professional way of telling whether or not the plate has been reopened after the original installation buyoff. A DIY'er does not notice this secret code. rbj

Cold Fusion

Well, as a confirmed DIY, for receptacles, if the receptacle is ground up, I put the wide end of the screw slot up, If ground down .....

Only a true craftsman watches for this.

cf

480sparky

Maybe the secret electrician's handshake will give a good reason why...aligned slots are a professional way of telling whether or not the plate has been reopened after the original installation buyoff. A DIY'er does not notice this secret code. rbj

Great. Now the DIYers know our secret.

We have no choice but to kill you now. :D:D:D

macmikeman

This is a screwy thread.:cool: They will put it in the code, just as soon as some product that assists in aligning the screws on faceplates comes along and results in some major money going into all the right places...

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

askaninja.jpg

"I look forward to killing you soon!"

e57

The painters already know this one... But I have another trick for my own work - I can not mention here.... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.