Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

resistance

" you say you need an electrician, well I just had an electrical problem solved by Joe,.. but Bob , the electrician that walked away , he's the one you really want to hire"

you really think it works that way??
Obviously it did, because they just called me to install a few light fixtures, and possibly a panel change
:D
Anyway - the best tool is your head...
You don't have to tell me this............

resistance

Although this is not something I would normally do, I believe It was the implementation: I provided the customer with a referral, and let them retain their money to put towards that referral. This says a lot!!!! Brief comment: I believe my question was simple! I've lost a tremendous amount of respect for a few of you on here. Your somewhat swank of genius shows a lack of brilliance. I was purely saying I gave up for the first time. We all have those days!!!

resistance

I was like Cow. Walked away promising to be back when maybe I was just more rested. Many a night woke up and said "got it!" Even if what I thought wasn't it, it usually put me closer than I had been. I never had more than the tools in my pouch.

And never ever let the POCO off the hook, just because they say it's not theirs.
True!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

resistance

Well sometimes you need to state the obvious - there are some who think having a bigger better more expensive tool will get them out of thinking or effort....
So how many expensive tools do you own :D

Most tools I possess only make my job easier!! Never said they could or should think for me! Yet, there is nothing wrong with having a proficient tool--helping you get to your goal faster!! It does take some thinking, and understanding to operate most tools??..

resistance

All in all, thanks for the input. I was hoping I wasn't the only one to give up for the first time. Yet it seems for the most part, I am!!!! :cool:

The good news: It landed me more work!!! ;)

M. D.

Obviously it did, because they just called me to install a few light fixtures, and possibly a panel change
:D

Well, I stand corrected. You must have a good relation with the H.O. ..You must admit it knida flies in the face free market economics .

you were unable to solve the problem,.. did not charge them , as a customer ,I'd expect that.. then refered the work to a guy who could solve the problem ,.. and this got you more work?? Are you sure you want that tracer?? didn't do that guy much good:)

resistance

Well, I stand corrected. You must have a good relation with the H.O. ..You must admit it knida flies in the face free market economics .

you were unable to solve the problem,.. did not charge them , as a customer ,I'd expect that.. then refered the work to a guy who could solve the problem ,.. and this got you more work?? Are you sure you want that tracer?? didn't do that guy much good:)

LOL!!!! Yeah, I still need a tool that will expedite my work!!!
Acutally the referral called me--too thank me. During the call, I asked him how did he find it, and he told me he hooked-up his equipment, and it lead him to the outlet--he mentioned all the junk he had to deal with--but that's a different topic. My tool was picking up noise on the circuit. The signal was pretty much dead. Yet, that isn't my excuse for giving-up. I gave up for a few reasons--which isn't normal for me.
The customer was referred to me.. Unfortunately, I wasn?t able to conclude their project as I did with the referring customer. Both had the same problem.

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
M. D.;1115395since he can show how nasty those back wired connections are:)quote said:
Have been backstabbing for years and NEVER had a problem. I always give the connection a good tug to verify it properly seated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.