Under Cabinet Light Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

Slightly unrelated to the original post but thought I would mention an experience I had with U/C LED lighting and granite tops. Customer insisted on a $2500 LED U/C lighting package from a local lighting gallery, I suggested Xenon(I realize they operate hot and are less energy efficient). Once they were installed the individual lamps made a reflection on the counter tops that looked ridicullous. Everywhere there was a fixture there appeared to be a image of it on the top itself.The owner was very displeased with the looks in their new $40K kitchen renovation.

mkgrady

Slightly unrelated to the original post but thought I would mention an experience I had with U/C LED lighting and granite tops. Customer insisted on a $2500 LED U/C lighting package from a local lighting gallery, I suggested Xenon(I realize they operate hot and are less energy efficient). Once they were installed the individual lamps made a reflection on the counter tops that looked ridicullous. Everywhere there was a fixture there appeared to be a image of it on the top itself.The owner was very displeased with the looks in their new $40K kitchen renovation.

Wouldn't that be the case with all types of light. If the countertop is shiny I don't know of any light that would not reflect off the counter surface. Are you saying the LED type are worse than others?

signal69

Against the wall

Against the wall

Ive always put my under cabinet lights, in the back. It seems to work out better

Status
Not open for further replies.