Voltage Drop 3% or 5%

Status
Not open for further replies.

jglavin427

Test writers are human and can make mistakes. You are justified in answering with what you feel is correct answer, even if multiple choice and they don't give your answer as one of the choices. If I were to take such an exam now and had no multiple choice answer that I felt was correct (especially on this topic area) I would write an explanation of my answer on the test and state none of the choices are correct.
I took the PE exam last year and there was a question like this... something about motor branch circuit sizing. I read through the question and the choices about 15 times (after finished with the rest of the exam), and had the codebook right in front of me. The writer had neglected a small exception which changed the result, I was sure of it. So, I picked what appeared to be their version of the "correct" answer, and wrote a little paragraph in the test booklet referencing specific code sections and text justifying why I thought that was not the correct answer.

Fortunately I passed, but that kind of thing makes you really nervous in the heat of the moment. I wanted to make sure I had my bases covered!

Carultch

I took the PE exam last year and there was a question like this... something about motor branch circuit sizing. I read through the question and the choices about 15 times (after finished with the rest of the exam), and had the codebook right in front of me. The writer had neglected a small exception which changed the result, I was sure of it. So, I picked what appeared to be their version of the "correct" answer, and wrote a little paragraph in the test booklet referencing specific code sections and text justifying why I thought that was not the correct answer.

Fortunately I passed, but that kind of thing makes you really nervous in the heat of the moment. I wanted to make sure I had my bases covered!

I remember a question about magnetic fields in introductory physics. They had a multiple choice, where one of the answers was "not enough information". Indeed that was the correct answer, because they neglected to state that the magnetic field was uniform. In introductory physics, that is the kind of assumption that they would automatically give you for simplicity. The correct answer was based on the uniform magnetic field assumption, and was not "not enough information".

kwired

Electron manager
I remember a question about magnetic fields in introductory physics. They had a multiple choice, where one of the answers was "not enough information". Indeed that was the correct answer, because they neglected to state that the magnetic field was uniform. In introductory physics, that is the kind of assumption that they would automatically give you for simplicity. The correct answer was based on the uniform magnetic field assumption, and was not "not enough information".
I bet at least one answer was one that appeared to be correct if you had a particular misunderstanding on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.