What to do-Apprenticeship Costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
It is a payment to make sure I don't leave within 4 years of obtaining my license. Just an extremely large one.
So if I leave after one year post-license, I owe 21k, then 14k, then 7k.
Thats a reasonable requirement you agreed to. Don’t try to “get out” of it in some childish way the way many are doing now asking for tuition forgiveness. Why did I have to pay for my own education and now im being forced to pay everyone elses?

Man up, work the four years you agreed to.

tacovolt

Occupation
Apprentice
There’s a lot of old men in here angry about loan forgiveness. What does that have to do with me?

Second, I’m not “complaining” and I’m not “trying to get out of it by doing stupid things”.

I’m here asking for advice- do you know of anyone who’s gotten a job that helped pay for these costs- or really any good advice.

There’s tons of angry men in here. I’m sorry you went through hard things, and that you had to pay for things- get over it

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
There’s a lot of old men in here angry about loan forgiveness. What does that have to do with me?

Second, I’m not “complaining” and I’m not “trying to get out of it by doing stupid things”.

I’m here asking for advice- do you know of anyone who’s gotten a job that helped pay for these costs- or really any good advice.

There’s tons of angry men in here. I’m sorry you went through hard things, and that you had to pay for things- get over it
1st sentence- Has everything to do with you, what your asking for is “loan forgiveness” in a convoluted way.

2nd sentence- From your first post:
I am a 4th year apprentice and will be taking my exam in a month. I've worked for my company for 5 years. I owe them roughly 7k per year for each year (4) of training after I graduate, 28k in total. I obviously regret this because now I am stuck in this area for anther 4 years.

Did anyone have any luck getting out of this, or lowering costs- possibly by finding a company that was willing to cover some/all of the costs.

3rd sentence- I gave advice, man up and do the work you agreed to.

4th sentence- Angry? No. Just asking for fairness. I paid for mine, you pay for yours.:)

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I for one am not angry, I was blessed to have a good career that I learned on my own. I think what you are seeing as angry old men are men that grew up paying their way and honoring agreements. A hand shake or promise was more binding than a legal document to me

tacovolt

Occupation
Apprentice
Omg people he agreed to it now is complaining grow up people, take responsibility for your

1st sentence- Has everything to do with you, what your asking for is “loan forgiveness” in a convoluted way.

2nd sentence- From your first post:
I am a 4th year apprentice and will be taking my exam in a month. I've worked for my company for 5 years. I owe them roughly 7k per year for each year (4) of training after I graduate, 28k in total. I obviously regret this because now I am stuck in this area for anther 4 years.

Did anyone have any luck getting out of this, or lowering costs- possibly by finding a company that was willing to cover some/all of the costs.

3rd sentence- I gave advice, man up and do the work you agreed to.

4th sentence- Angry? No. Just asking for fairness. I paid for mine, you pay for yours.:)
Well hosscat, the world isn’t fair. Go take it out on a Walmart employee.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I think this has gone as far as any productive input can go so hopefully the OP will find a good solution..

Status
Not open for further replies.