• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
I voted for 2008 since I use it the most, but I also still use the 2005 for projects in some areas.

pfalcon

Oops, I missed one. There is one town 20 miles south of me that is under the 1993.

Texas is on the 2008. Municipalities vary. Uvalde is on the 1984 but that is a long way from me.

Here is a site that shows what the different municipalities are using.

http://www.license.state.tx.us/electricians/forms/citylist.pdf

No offense but that is an extremely funny link. The top of the document says that the counties may require ADDITIONAL compliance but does not let them supercede the NEC:2002. Therefore Uvalde county should be inspecting to make sure you abide by the stricter of the two code cycles. Depending on conflicts between them you could end up with side by side receptacles to meet both codes.

wirebender

No offense but that is an extremely funny link. The top of the document says that the counties may require ADDITIONAL compliance but does not let them supercede the NEC:2002. Therefore Uvalde county should be inspecting to make sure you abide by the stricter of the two code cycles. Depending on conflicts between them you could end up with side by side receptacles to meet both codes.

What it says is
"It is intended as a quick online reference for the local electrical code
requirements and other municipal licensing/registration requirements that may be
required of electricians in addition to the state requirements."

The part I underlined is the part that is in addition to, not the code requirements. The State has no jurisdictional authority in municipalities. They cannot even make you have a state license to work within city limits, if it is okay with the city. All municipalities have home rule in Texas.
Uvalde is a city, not a county. Anything in counties outside municipal boundaries are under the 2008, but there are no inspections. Counties do not have home rule.

pfalcon

What it says is
"It is intended as a quick online reference for the local electrical code
requirements
and other municipal licensing/registration requirements that may be
required of electricians in addition to the state requirements."

The part I underlined is the part that is in addition to, not the code requirements. The State has no jurisdictional authority in municipalities. They cannot even make you have a state license to work within city limits, if it is okay with the city. All municipalities have home rule in Texas.
Uvalde is a city, not a county. Anything in counties outside municipal boundaries are under the 2008, but there are no inspections. Counties do not have home rule.

I'll take your word for municipal sovereignity. The guy that wrote this header though does believe cities have to meet the state requirements as a baseline. The reference is to ADD further requirements in his mind not to replace them. At least that is what he has written. Which makes this list funnier when the state shows up to enforce and the city lawfully blows them off. Reminds me of Weird Al and Amish Paradise.

wirebender

I'll take your word for municipal sovereignity. The guy that wrote this header though does believe cities have to meet the state requirements as a baseline. The reference is to ADD further requirements in his mind not to replace them. At least that is what he has written. Which makes this list funnier when the state shows up to enforce and the city lawfully blows them off. Reminds me of Weird Al and Amish Paradise.

I don't know what the guy believes but I do know that the sentence should be read as if the modifier "in addition to the state requirements" only modifies "municipal licensing/registration requirements", not "local electrical code
requirements". The point of it is that cities can still require local licensing and registration which most do.

I am not an English major but for me to read it as you suggest it would have to have completely different punctuation.

In New York state: RCNYS and 2002 NEC for 1 and 2 family dwellings and townhouses and their associated buildings and structures. 2005 NEC for multiple dwellings and all other buildings and structures.

Fred
I believe you got it backwards...

2005 for multiple dwelling and all other buildings and structures

then
RCNYS and 2002 NEC for 1 and 2 family dwellingfs and townhouses.;):grin::cool:

480sparky

............See what 2011 brings in. :D

gloom-despair-and-agony-on-me.jpg

Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me