who's responsible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric-Light

Depending on the dollar amount in dispute, this may end up going to a contract dispute attorney to settle out, and losing party gets stuck with the attorney fee + whatever the cost to correct it.

bduda

Quote: "In the end, my guess is everyone else will weasel out of any responsibility and the church will end up paying. That's the way these things usually work out."

I say................you betcha!!

I functioned as the owner's representative when my church was remodeled. It was only a half million dollar job. We had huge issues with lighting and emergency lighting. The engineer's plans were extremely vague and the EC was unable to make the emergency lighting system function. The EC said the engineer should provide a schematic of how to wire it. The EE said the contractor should know how to wire it. The vendors said that they were not responsible for making their equipment work with other vendor's components, that is either the EE or EC's job. The architect said he was out of money for construction phase consultation. Everybody else was out of money too, and standing there with their hand out. It was bad.

In the end, everybody basically bailed and the church's own (volunteer) maintenance people called in the vendors and got the problem resolved. One vendor, Leviton, stuck with us, sent an expert, and found a problem with the power inverter, which wasn't even his. The other vendors did provide some extra components at no charge because we were beat up so bad. The pastor paid the contractor in full and didn't want to withold any money because that would be cheating, kind of like a sin. YIKES!!!

Church work is rough work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.