Work Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run my guys in E350 V8 ford extra long chrome edition vans. $40,000 dollars when all set up! A little expensive but really looks good driving down the road. It's all about company image!

I used Pick up truck in North America side however when you get into Europe I used Renault cargo van { got one with 4X4 verison } or Sprinter and Yeah I have pick up truck in there as well and for pick up truck they are 3/4 tonne or hevier { Diesel of course no gaz you should check the European gaz price it will get ya }

Merci,Marc

bradleyelectric

speaking of work truck, I have an E250 extended that I drive. I pulled up behind a flatbed that was setting up to cross the 1 lane bridge in front of my house today. A box delivery truck came the other way and stopped before the bridge. Clown in the flatbed instead of driving over the bridge decided to back up. I couldn't get it in reverse fast enough, so I laid on the horn. By the time he stopped he had come through my windshield. Tore up the paperwork that I had sitting on my dash.

hurk27

speaking of work truck, I have an E250 extended that I drive. I pulled up behind a flatbed that was setting up to cross the 1 lane bridge in front of my house today. A box delivery truck came the other way and stopped before the bridge. Clown in the flatbed instead of driving over the bridge decided to back up. I couldn't get it in reverse fast enough, so I laid on the horn. By the time he stopped he had come through my windshield. Tore up the paperwork that I had sitting on my dash.

so did you get a ticket for not stopping in time:roll:

Just kidding, I don't like to pull up on other vehicles, even railroad crossings I stay back about 2 to 3 car lengths, I was behind a car that got hit from a piece of steel from the wheels of the train, and it killed the driver.

I lost my 2006 Chevy Express van (head on collision other driver lost control), which I had drove all over the country to the IAEI meetings, and even after 18 hours behind the wheel I didn't feel tired, one of the most comfortable and responsive vehicles I have ever drove.

with the 4.8 super vortec, it averaged about 25 MPG on the highway without my ladder racks.

here is a photo of it and me at the Hot Springs, AK IAEI western Sectional,

And the interor of it, with my GPS, and laptop stand.

Yep I miss it:mad:

Besoeker

We do a lot of small jobs and service work.

The best move we ever made was when we went to 16' box vans.

DSC01001-1.jpg

Impressively neat. I like neat.

Besoeker

I don't do much of the work many of you here do so I don't need a large vehicle to transport kit around.
This what i routinely lug around in the boot (trunk) of my car.

Boot01.jpg
[/IMG]
The black box is routine stuff...the multimeter, leads, scope probes, and basic tools.
The blue box has the PPE things...hard hat, ear defenders, safety shoes, disposable overalls, and a digital scope, some comms leads, etc.
The grey box is a fairly decent set of tools for about 30 bucks.
tOOLSO1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.