yes or no

Status
Not open for further replies.

trex

I was doing work in a mobile home park.The next door neighbor wanted me to look at his service,that had just approved by local ahj.The service pole with meter/discon combo within one foot of mobile home.Conduit ran on bottom of mobile home, not underground The question is they ran SER cable through conduit to inside panel. yes or no on SER through conduit?

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I have been turned down running four wire SER under a job construction trailer, the ground must be insulated according to the inspector, and after reading the section he quoted, I agreed and changed it. It was about 10 years ago, so I don't remember the actual code reference, and I don't have my code book with me at this time.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Well I am glad we cleared that up. Mobile homes are a different animal altogether even when they are not mobile. :D

steelersman

Explain your answer please. Mobile homes need an insulated grounding conductor as stated by Gus. Or are you just being contrary for the heck of it? :D
I was just throwing that answer out there as I've recently learned that you are allowed to run a cable assembly in a conduit. So I was saying yes that you can run the SE-R in the conduit.......oh I see where the confusion lies. He said SE-U not R. I was only addressing the cable in the conduit thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.