Conduit/conductor requirements for 400a meter socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorak

I'm new to this stuff and in my research I'm finding conflicting information. What is the minimum NEC requirement for an underground feed to a 400a meter socket? I have a 4/0Al 3 wire single phase in a 2.5" conduit right now (No meter at the moment). Is that going to do it or will I need to upgrade? Plans are to have 2 200a disconnects from the meter with one going to a shop and one to a house. Neither are built yet. I don't know my load requirements yet but want to have it future proof, hence the 400a meter.

iwire

Staff member
I'm new to this stuff and in my research I'm finding conflicting information. What is the minimum NEC requirement for an underground feed to a 400a meter socket? I have a 4/0Al 3 wire single phase in a 2.5" conduit right now (No meter at the moment). Is that going to do it or will I need to upgrade? Plans are to have 2 200a disconnects from the meter with one going to a shop and one to a house. Neither are built yet. I don't know my load requirements yet but want to have it future proof, hence the 400a meter.

It depends on the specifics, I recommend you hire an electrical contractor.

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC� Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.