Job Management Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

precise8128

Hey guys, I am a very small electrical contractor looking gor a good software program for project management. Any ideas? I need something thats affordable, that notes job expenses, tasks, maybe let me know if I am in the red or green for that job. A good way to know how much I made on the job. Im curious to know what other methods do you guys use if not a software? Any input thanks in advance :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Job Management Software

A combination of Conest, ExakTime, and quickbooks software . Affordable?..... maybe not depending on size.

The paper method would be to keep every receipt related to the job, and track hours on-site as well as indirect costs, then job-cost as you go and when the job is over.

I've seen posts on here about free or very low cost smart phone apps for tracking time as well that you may want to start with. Search your App Store for project management programs also if you want to go that route. Conest has a job tracking app, and I also have microsoft project, but it takes a lot of effort to keep those up. I typically use MS project just for making Gantt charts and end it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbridled

Project Management Software

Project Management Software

You say you are a smaller EC.
My suggestion: Use your bookkeeping software ( QuickBooks) as your project management application.
I would simply edit your existing COGS accounts in quickbooks such as material and labor, and add Cost Code numbers to each account line item. You'll have to breakdown and add sub-accounts, however Quickbooks has the capability of generating any time of management report you need.
IE COGS account for Materials or Labor:
Add sub accounts such as 16500 - Lighting (Labor) and 16.500 - Lighting (Materials) as sub accounts to your existing account named materials.
As your invoices and payroll items roll in, simply post the amounts to the proper account ( Cost Code) in QB's.
Quickbooks will then generate any type of report you will probably seek. IE Profit and Loss per job, or filter your reports to show only material cost or labor cost with each account showing only the values posted to it by you or your bookkeeper.

Hope this helps.
It's worked for me for 22 years.
FYI, QB's has no job scheduling features.

Yetti

Hey guys, I am a very small electrical contractor looking gor a good software program for project management. Any ideas? I need something thats affordable, that notes job expenses, tasks, maybe let me know if I am in the red or green for that job. A good way to know how much I made on the job. Im curious to know what other methods do you guys use if not a software? Any input thanks in advance :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hello,
A few years ago, I was searching for Project Management-Data software, something "better" than excel spreadsheets, and Microsoft CRM.
If you get a chance to check out Clearestimates, it has some nice features built in. It is subscription based, so you pay each month.
They had a free trial period, and I did play around with Customizing it, but after a few months I found I needed something different for my needs.
But they were very nice, and offered support...for a small contractor, it might be worth taking a look at.
https://www.clearestimates.com/

I hope that helps.

Yetti-

Status
Not open for further replies.