cablevision amplifier outlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

quogueelectric

I am just curious as to what you would charge for an outlet added for cablevision amplifier 1900 box gfci recepticle offset nipple off the main panel and a twin breaker bryant if you felt dedicated was necessary. Specify twin or not in price.

roger3829

quogueelectric said:
I am just curious as to what you would charge for an outlet added for cablevision amplifier 1900 box gfci recepticle offset nipple off the main panel and a twin breaker bryant if you felt dedicated was necessary. Specify twin or not in price.

Since the ouylet might be used for more than just amplifier, I probably would add breaker. $125??

quogueelectric

The customer almost had a cow I figured 2hr min service call and about 25 in materials I think he is still screaming over 175 quote I thought it might be a little high I guess it was. I forgot to mention he wanted to add a little ups to keep the voice over ip phone line up in case of power failure.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
I'd say so. seems to me no more than within an hour max. Probably 1/2 plus drive tiime..

stickboy1375

quogueelectric said:
The customer almost had a cow I figured 2hr min service call and about 25 in materials I think he is still screaming over 175 quote I thought it might be a little high I guess it was. I forgot to mention he wanted to add a little ups to keep the voice over ip phone line up in case of power failure.

Let em scream, By the time you got to the job, did the job, and went back to the office it probably would be 2hrs...

electricmanscott

stickboy1375 said:
Let em scream, By the time you got to the job, did the job, and went back to the office it probably would be 2hrs...

Yup. They always think it's too much. Might as well make it profitable. No sense in having them complain and not make any money.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
I guess I did not see that way as I am not far from my jobs. I usually try to get the job prior to going out there on such a small job. I won't travel an hour just to try to get an hour job.

guitarchris

Is that the only work you will be doing on that trip? Is this a customer that will have more work for you on a consistant basis? I would think around $120ish wouldn't be far out of line. If it is a customer you get regular jobs from I would knock of a little. I guess it depends on if I was able to schedule work in that area and time frame. Adding a recept isn't a big deal but it could cost you time from another job...opportunity cost.

mdshunk

guitarchris said:
Adding a recept isn't a big deal but it could cost you time from another job...opportunity cost.
That's why it's often helpful to schedule this piddly stuff at some date in the future. Try to schedule a bunch of other small jobs that same day. They can run their cable amp on an extension cord until that day. Spend a day knocking out a bunch of little jobs like this. That's what I do, anyhow. One other trick is to ask them what time they either leave for work or arrive home from work, in case you have a little time one day, are in the area, or one of your regular appointments blows out. Schedule them a regular appointment otherwise, but gather this information anyhow, for just in case. It's one way you can assure full days for everyone.

emahler

About $325 every day of the week...and yes, there are a bunch of contractors who would do this job for $100...

but it's all about presentation...and at $325, we aren't exactly sipping Dom when we are thirsty...

macmikeman

I can easily argue to you that you should actually be charging somewhere in the area of $350 dollars for a service call like that. That would be assuming one thing however, and that your overhead is somewhat like mine is. You may have a higher one than I do. If you drive over there in a bucket truck you would need to charge more than $350 bucks for such calls. There are mountains of posts about this stuff to be found right at this site, but first and formost, may I suggest looking at Aline's overhead checklist. Also try computing your actual costs vs how many hours in a given day are truly available for you to bill customers when you are doing this type of jobs.

emahler

I will add, that call is a minimum of 2 hrs...that would cost me approx $90 in labor and burden...before material, overhead, etc...

that's labor and BURDEN- taxes, benefits, etc...

mdshunk

emahler said:
About $325 every day of the week...
I'd be closer to that too, but I'd try to do it on a certain day of the week rather than any day of the week to maximize profits and effectively use labor. (A GFCI replacement, alone, is 145 dollars. It costs about 100 bucks to remove a panel cover, because people think it's scary in there. There's 245 already. )

quogueelectric

mdshunk said:
I'd be closer to that too, but I'd try to do it on a certain day of the week rather than any day of the week to maximize profits and effectively use labor. (A GFCI replacement, alone, is 145 dollars. It costs about 100 bucks to remove a panel cover, because people think it's scary in there. There's 245 already. )
Ok so im not all those nasty things he called me. I always felt the dullest pencil was mightier than the sharpest sword I just want to know I am in line when I get jumped on like a rented donkey.

mdshunk

quogueelectric said:
Ok so im not all those nasty things he called me. I always felt the dullest pencil was mightier than the sharpest sword I just want to know I am in line when I get jumped on like a rented donkey.
Don't let people like that rent space in your head.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
I have no problem letting a person know that I can do that small job like that over the phone and it will cost the minimum call + parts. I just would not drive a long distance today just to try to sell a hour service call.

Status
Not open for further replies.