vehicle deduction on taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolfan

I get lots of different answers on this question. Is it interest and depretiation only that is a deduction? Or is it the whole payment on the vehicle?

satcom

I get lots of different answers on this question. Is it interest and depretiation only that is a deduction? Or is it the whole payment on the vehicle?

Your accountant will be able to give the right information, he knows your business. and can explain how it works for you.

rodneee

my 2 cents

my 2 cents

your entire payment is a deduction....(thus a reduction in your gross profit) depreciation is certain % (which i don't know) of the total cost or "basis" as it is called of the asset spread out over its useful life....(also a reduction of your gross profit"....

hardworkingstiff

your entire payment is a deduction....
This is only true if you are leasing the vehicle. If you (or the Corp.) own the vehicle, then only the interest is deductible.
(thus a reduction in your gross profit) depreciation is certain % (which i don't know) of the total cost or "basis" as it is called of the asset spread out over its useful life....(also a reduction of your gross profit"....

Basically accurate, but like other say, this is why accountants have jobs and it's a good investment to pay one.

Dolfan

This is only true if you are leasing the vehicle. If you (or the Corp.) own the vehicle, then only the interest is deductible.

Basically accurate, but like other say, this is why accountants have jobs and it's a good investment to pay one.

Lease...that's the word the makes the difference. Thank's to everybody that got to the answer.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
And with that, given the absence of an electrical issue in this thread, it is being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.