Machine Shop Branch Circuits - Many Loads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the great replies!

Today I'm going to have them pull up a years worth of electric bills. As far as amp clamping, at no time is everything running all at once, and it changes constantly, so it's hard to get a real picture of what is used. I think the only problem is that he keeps adding more, so sooner or later he's going to forget whats what and end a tripping a breaker.

RW

Comment

All you can do is wait for problems to happen. This guy is going to push, push, push ... until something gives. That's when you get to say 'I told you so' .... and charge him up the wazoo so that the lesson sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman56 View Post

I think the only problem is that he keeps adding more, so sooner or later he's going to forget whats what and end a tripping a breaker.

RW
        And cross that bridge when he gets to it.

What about that whole 80% on the breaker? If the breaker starts tripping more than likely that point would have been compromised for some time......................

Has he had any problems? Has anything been getting warm or HOT...........Do they have fans positioned on the gear especially in the summer months.

Guess your really not going to know where you stand with it till you get the x-rays, mri, cat scan, blood levels, ...................................#'s.
        " I'm at a crucial part of my painting "...........Monika Danneman

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman56 View Post

Today I'm going to have them pull up a years worth of electric bills. As far as amp clamping, at no time is everything running all at once, and it changes constantly, so it's hard to get a real picture of what is used. I think the only problem is that he keeps adding more, so sooner or later he's going to forget whats what and end a tripping a breaker.

RW
          Unless the electric bill includes demand data you only know total that was used, but don't know when it was used other than between meter readings. It could all been used in 1 day and then was idle for the rest of month - but was probably used in 8-10 hour periods each week day for the majority of it.
          I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Comment

Originally posted by renosteinke View Post
            All you can do is wait for problems to happen. This guy is going to push, push, push ... until something gives. That's when you get to say 'I told you so' .... and charge him up the wazoo so that the lesson sticks.
            What a strange way to treat a customer.

Comment

Working...
            X