Issue with fuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

FionaZuppa

Occupation
Part Time Electrician (semi retired, old) - EE retired.
i felt the need to contact UL, they have a case open for this poorly designed board issue. will post back when i get any updates.

UL did their thing, they didnt certify the unit, so i opened CSA case.

We reviewed the issue and found out that the product is actually certified by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA). I?ve attached a technical sheet for this product that shows the CSA Certification Mark.

You can report this incident to CSA via the following link: [url]http://www.csagroup.org/us/en/about-csa-group/certification-marks-labels/global-brand-protection/submit-an-incident-report[/URL]

It would appear from the way that you described your concern is that the issue is with the design of the board itself. The relay is a UL Recognized Component that carries with it ?Conditions of Acceptability? that the end product certifier would want to take into account when certifying the end product. We cannot ascertain if those conditions were taken into account since we didn?t certify the end product.

Thank you for having brought this issue to our attention. If there is anything else that we can do, please continue to call upon us and we?ll make every reasonable effort to resolve it. Have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.