Smoke Detector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke Detector

Anyone know if it’s NYC code for smoke detectors under raised floor to have wiring run in conduit? Thanks.

I don't know about such requirements in NYC code, but it's good idea to do so. Do you have to comply with NFPA-75? If yes, check the requirement in this NFPA.

Comment

We almost never put detectors under the floor anymore, but if you are being directed to do so, is it for activation of a suppression system?
      I would have to dig to find it, but I think the fire code requires detection associated with suppression activation being required to be in raceway.

Edit - My memory was from 1 RCNY §4000-06(C)(3)(iv) which said In any suppression and extinguishing system activated by automatic
      fire detection, including but not limited to pre-action sprinkler, deluge sprinkler, clean air agent, halon, range hood, carbon dioxide and dry chemical, multi-conductor cables shall be installed in RMC, IMC, or EMT. - THIS WAS REPEALED.

Electric Code Section 760.52 is for NPLFA cable was added and 760.130 covers PLFA, but does not generally require raceway for suppression applications.
      Last edited by ron; 10-07-19, 09:57 AM.
      Ron

Comment

Working...
      X