Typed Fire Alarm Schedule...

Status
Not open for further replies.

emahler

we recently did a Walgreens, and they are asking for a:

• Provide on the outside face of the fire alarm panel an accurate, typed schedule which will include:
Name and Phone number of the Installing Contractor.
Name and Phone number of the Monitoring Company.
The non-emergency phone number of the local fire department.
Access code on the inside of the panel.

I have all the info, but is there a particular format or template to follow?

thanks

cadpoint

You can see these different Font style formats inside "word" or a minimum of availabe Fonts, also avaiable if you open a reply...

I wouldn't use any of the following:
Rockwell
Comic San ms
Georgia (NYtimes-font)

You might like:

Calibri
Arial
Arial Black
Verdana (I believe the forum default)

Well, I would really put the monitoring company on the top of the list above the installer!

On a side note!

I would also really inquire and find out exactly what is the exact procedure that the new owner will have to do,
if the alarm goes off!

Who is the person(s) that are allowed to be in this panel?! Much less, call it in. Seems obvious enough, but the this little minor detail can be a big pain, and of course usually at an the wrong time.

Been there done that, got the T-shirt!

MichaelGP3

Occupation
Fire Alarm Technician
Why re-invent the wheel?

Why re-invent the wheel?

You can see these different Font style formats inside "word" or a minimum of availabe Fonts, also avaiable if you open a reply...

I wouldn't use any of the following:
Rockwell
Comic San ms
Georgia (NYtimes-font)

You might like:

Calibri
Arial
Arial Black
Verdana (I believe the forum default)

Well, I would really put the monitoring company on the top of the list above the installer!

On a side note!

I would also really inquire and find out exactly what is the exact procedure that the new owner will have to do,
if the alarm goes off!

Who is the person(s) that are allowed to be in this panel?! Much less, call it in. Seems obvious enough, but the this little minor detail can be a big pain, and of course usually at an the wrong time.

Been there done that, got the T-shirt!

Which brand of panel did you install? Some manufacturers furnish a 'certificate of completion' form (with instructions to frame the completed form & fix it to the wall adjacent to the panel or annunciator, if the annunciator is the main operator interface) with their product literature or operating manual. Or you might check their website.

nhfire77

I am so glad I am not from RI!!

What you are looking for typically is supplied in the manual, and is sometimes called the "Frame and Post" Or the operating instructions. It is a page you can cut out of the manual, or download. It has spaces for what you need and has a place for all those number.

Look on the manufacturers website and under the model number for the panel, it is either a separate file just for that page, or download the manual and print that single page.

Here is the firelite MS9200UDLS: http://www.firelite.com/manuals/52773.pdf

TLBryant

You don't have a Sharpie? - that's how everyone else does it....;)

By the way, I don't do any work for F.E. Moran any more. Hope your experience has been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.