Fire pump and jockey pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

packersparky

Occupation
Inspector
Ok but by your account any service conductors not just fire pump would have to comply 230.6. So if you have any service conductors inside room that go to trough with miltiple service disconnect then by your account need to be in brick or concrete encased. How many times you have seen that in electric room?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

I am not talking about service conductors that do not supply a fire pump. The rules in Article 230 deal with those.

695.6(A)(1) is for service conductors that supply a fire pump.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
These are not feeders. They are service conductors.
The sprinkler room is on bottom right hand corner of the building. What if the wireway, CT, meter are moved outside but attached to the sprinkler room. However service discos and controller of fire pump and jockey pump are inside sprinkler room. See attached sketch. That should solve the problem. No?
96194fc92323ebae3b052951788dbdde.jpg

packersparky

Occupation
Inspector
The sprinkler room is on bottom right hand corner of the building. What if the wireway, CT, meter are moved outside but attached to the sprinkler room. However service discos and controller of fire pump and jockey pump are inside sprinkler room. See attached sketch. That should solve the problem. No?
96194fc92323ebae3b052951788dbdde.jpg

I would say as long as the fire pump service conductors enter directly into the fire pump controller it would be compliant. I would ask the AHJ for final approval. The service disconnect for the jockey pump is not covered in 695. It would be covered by 230.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I would say as long as the fire pump service conductors enter directly into the fire pump controller it would be compliant. I would ask the AHJ for final approval. The service disconnect for the jockey pump is not covered in 695. It would be covered by 230.
But wait 695.6 still says service conductors shall be physically routed outside the building in accordance with 230.6, 230.9, parts III and IV of Article 230.

Now I have wireway, service conductors physically outside. How do I comply per nec 230.6 for conduits and wireway routimg? Still need to be in brick, or concrete encased? This is confusing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.