This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service

Other than contacting them which takes long time, how else can you tell if power company offers following services overhead or underground or both overhead and underground for commercial:

100A service
    200A service
    300A service
    400A service
    600A service
    1200A service
    2000A service

Originally posted by hhsting View Post
    Other than contacting them which takes long time, how else can you tell if power company offers following services overhead or underground or both overhead and underground for commercial:

100A service
    200A service
    300A service
    400A service
    600A service
    1200A service
    2000A service
    Some POCOs publish a service tariff book which lists the available service configurations, usually with the caveat that not all configurations will necessarily be available at all service locations.

Comment

I would say in general anything is available underground, with perhaps limits if there is existing infrastructure that is being reused. Overhead typically has limits due to transformer size - although I have seen POCOs put 3 500's on a pole or two big voltage regulators but they dont seem to want to put big ones up for serving customers. In my experience with the utilities I work with, 600A is the limit for overhead (even though a 600 would likely not be served with 600 amps of transformers).
      Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"

Comment

Dominion Energy has what they call the Blue Book. See if yours has something similar, or get in touch with their Engineering department.

https://www.dominionenergy.com/libra...20190910171759
        Master Electrician
        Electrical Contractor
        Richmond, VA

Comment

Apple to Oranges comparison, but our area POCOs have a good share of that online.
          Tom
          TBLO

Comment

Good answers, go with them.

Roger

Comment

Working...
            X