Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
Other than contacting them which takes long time, how else can you tell if power company offers following services overhead or underground or both overhead and underground for commercial:

100A service
200A service
300A service
400A service
600A service
1200A service
2000A service

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Other than contacting them which takes long time, how else can you tell if power company offers following services overhead or underground or both overhead and underground for commercial:

100A service
200A service
300A service
400A service
600A service
1200A service
2000A service

Some POCOs publish a service tariff book which lists the available service configurations, usually with the caveat that not all configurations will necessarily be available at all service locations.

I would say in general anything is available underground, with perhaps limits if there is existing infrastructure that is being reused. Overhead typically has limits due to transformer size - although I have seen POCOs put 3 500's on a pole or two big voltage regulators :blink: but they dont seem to want to put big ones up for serving customers. In my experience with the utilities I work with, 600A is the limit for overhead (even though a 600 would likely not be served with 600 amps of transformers).

Status
Not open for further replies.