5kw genset disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true then help me understand why UL makes these statements.

ENGINE GENERATORS FOR PORTABLE USE (FTCN)
GENERAL
This category covers internal-combustion-engine-driven generators rated 15 kW or less, 250 V or less, which are provided only with receptacle outlets for the ac output circuits. The generators may incorporate alternating- or direct-current generator sections for supplying energy to battery-charging circuits.
When a portable generator is used to supply a building wiring system:
1. The generator is considered a separately derived system in accordance with ANSI/NFPA 70, ??National Electrical Code?? (NEC).

But this still does not address the question if the conductors coming from the generator are required to comply with 225.36.

This is the main issue I am wanting to address, please.

I am not finding in the 2007 UL White Book FTCN where it says: "When a portable generator is used to supply a building wiring system 1. The generator is considered a separately derived system in accordance with ANSI/NFPA 70, ??National Electrical Code?? (NEC)." It would be a separatly derived system if; it is not connected to the building wiring system, or it was connected to the building and the utility neutral is not connected to the system with the transfer of power source; then the generator neutral would also have to be taken to ground.
I have to get back to work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.