What do you pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian john

What is the cost per kwhr residential, skipping all the other BS they add on taxes etc...

NOVEC (Norther Virginia Electric Coop)

Last time I looked .09 per kwhr

Flex

.07098/kwh

National Grid - Albany, NY

.039962 for delivery
.01761 for delivery adjustment
plus 2% tariff surcharge

so basically .12

Last edited:

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Florida Power & Light Company
Rate: RS-1 Residential Servive

Fuel:
(First 1000 kWh at $0.054920)
(Over 1000 kWh at $0.064920)

Non-fuel:
(First 1000 kWh at $0.045110)
(Over 1000 kWh at $0.055420)

Looks like around 5? a gallon.

Davis9

$.07351 per Kilowatt-hour for all Kilowatt-hours usage

Tom in MA with a local Municipal Light dept.

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Facility Senior Electrician
THE POTOMAC EDISON COMPANY
Doing Business As ALLEGHENY POWER
W. Va.
RESIDENTIAL SERVICE RATE
SCHEDULE "R"

(I) All kilowatt-hours..............................................................................................$0.07647 per kilowatt-hour​

mivey

You can get a relative sense of costs between over 3500 utilities nation-wide (they should all be there) by looking at the data here:
http://www.eia.doe.gov/cneaf/electricity/page/eia861.html

For the residential info, look in file2.xls and divide the 9th column "RESIDENTIAL_REVENUES" (in thousands of dollars) by the 10th column "RESIDENTIAL_GENERATION" (in MWh) to get the total revenue in $/kWh.

I would post the results it here, but it would be kind of big.

norcal

Average rate that I pay to PG&E, Pacific Graft & Extortion but they refer to themselves as Pacific Gas & Electric is $0.1486 / kWh.

iwire

Staff member
$0.13 per kwh.

Last 30 day period we used 1091 kwh and we were charged 146.90. This includes all fuel charges, delivery charges, taxes and any other charge they can think of. :rolleyes:

146.90/1091=0.1346

I suggest all responders to this post use the above method to figure there real cost per kwh.

nakulak

i have BGE (balt gas and elect). last yr they became "deregulated" and prices went up significantly. now, in the last few months, competitors have sprung up and are trying to take some distribution business (Washington Gas, which previously only sold gas, is trying to nose in). Several yrs ago my sister, who used to work for Boston Edison, then in a 5 yr period ended up working for 4 or 5 different power companies (without changing jobs), dealt with a bunch of this stuff. And one of my wife's friends who is visiting from Texas says she has been changing power companies about every 4 months and saving a couple cents/kwh each time (Dallas area). Is this going on everywhere in the country or just near cities ? (It just seems like a ridiculous shell game to me, in which the tax payer will once again foot the bill for companies that go defunct )

Status
Not open for further replies.