So...How's it going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricmanscott

Still dead for me. I mean DEAD. Have not worked one hour this week. Not one phone call.

The good news....my house is getting painted finally. The bad news...I am doing it. Don't you guys just hate DIY's. ;)

Even worse, it's raining so I can't paint today. :rolleyes:

480sparky

Still dead for me. I mean DEAD. Have not worked one hour this week. Not one phone call.

The good news....my house is getting painted finally. The bad news...I am doing it. Don't you guys just hate DIY's. ;)

Even worse, it's raining so I can't paint today. :rolleyes:

Somewhere, there is a painting forum and all the painters are griping about electricians and plumbers and roofers pretending to be painters.

I can see the comments now.

ProPainter: "Don't these hacks realize that when they try to paint things themselves, they're putting their lives at risk? I mean, c'mon.... have you ever seen video of paint chipping off a house and hitting someone on the head killing them?"

SlopDropper: "I think the sale of paintbrushes should be limited only to licensed painters. It's not the paint that kills, it's the poor application of it."

Cut-In Guy: "I agree. The DIYs have never heard the phrase 'preparation, preparation, preparation'. I bet he never even uses primer."

Leaves Runs: "Home Depot should shut down their paint department!"

Drop Cloth: "Amen to that. The public should be protected from itself. Paint kills, no doubt about it."

Aluminum Ladder Dude: "I say we talk to our legislature and congress members. It's high time we take this dangerous situation out of the hands on clueless homeowners and put it in the hands of trained, tested and licensed professionals!"

And so it goes.........:grin:

active1

No workie this week, last week was 20 hrs.
Every deay I hear or read about a company that closed or laid off a large portion of their employees. Next to no new job openings. Some are packing up and moving on to another state. Herd one estimator said one job they bid against 30 other EC. Where a year ago might have been 8-10. And smaller projects they were going against 8-10 EC where it might have been 2-3 in the past.

Even the "day laborers" seem not to be working much. At the end of the day I still see 12-15 waiting for work in the home center parking lots.

I can't understand the number of new posters talking about a start-up EC. I don't know iif it's out of need because jobs and work are slim.

masterinbama

Got some jobs coming out of the ground and a few service upgrades. Problem here is the weather. We actually got in a full day Monday. This weather has got to let up (if my business partner cleans and rearranges the truck one more time I will wring his neck).

ericsherman37

I went in to the shop this morning - nothing to do! Came back home, and here I am. :( It's a bummer, I really feel worthless when I'm sitting at home. It actually inspired me to go register for the Summer term at the community college and knock out some core classes for my Degree that I gave up on years ago.

But classes don't start till June 22nd, so until then, I've got nothing. I enjoy working and I feel good when I come home after a day of work, but when I sit around like a bum I feel inadequate.

480sparky

Of course, anyone not responding is working..........
thdirol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.