60 yr old tool twisting electrician
in the 2nd lowest paying state in the country.:mad:

See where your at.

Wages.jpg

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Chris you would be worth more if you'd learn how to use that shovel you keep passing off to Al.

NC is at the bottom....:D We are cheap, lazyand not very skilled. We hire guys from Fla. to do our digging. :D

cadpoint

In less than 20 words, you have reminded me of my great Life choice!

... And where I am in the pack ... Thanks ! :grin:

Have a nice Weekend!

growler

I wonder how they compile these rates? I have never filled out any reports that would show hourly wages for my employees.

The labor department keeps all these records and they keep them for year and years. If you have ever had a job anywhere that taxes were taken out then Uncle Sam knows about it and it's on file.

I looked at my file back around 1990 and they had jobs on there that I had forgotten about. Big Brother is Watching......:wink:

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Chris you would be worth more if you'd learn how to use that shovel you keep passing off to Al.

NC is at the bottom....:D We are cheap, lazyand not very skilled. We hire guys from Fla. to do our digging. :D

FWIW, I did all the digging today while Al was drilling and tapping boxes on poles.:smile:

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I don't think I've ever seen someone in the field who made $30 per hour. At one company, the owner's son didn't use his tools and made $33, but I don't think that should count... :)

I should have known Colorado would have a strangehold on the center of the list. :D

"I'm guessing Illinois has taken a nose-dive on this. About 75% of the electricians are laid off."

Is that a guess or an actual figure?

I can tell you that there are electricians in NY making less than the average and more than the maximum I see stated in the OP's post, even in these troubled times.

Status
Not open for further replies.