Laid Off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

e57

Those pictures are going to end up on the carpentry forum. "Can you believe this DIY hack just ripped out that load bearing wall. These guys have no respect for our trade I'm thinking about dropping a dime to the inspector........" :grin:

I've taught my wife how to look for the evidence of things like that back when we we're buying our own.

Wife: "Hey honey - look at the sag..."
Me: "Yeah babe, you can tell from outside that it's pulling on the rim joists. And the bow in the ridge of the roof - look...." :roll:

Jaga

Good Luck

Good Luck

I am sorry to hear, that I got laid off last week, the economy stinks and unfortunatly the industry takes a hit about 2 years later of a crappy economy and another 2 to get booming again after the economy picks up

stickboy1375

Those pictures are going to end up on the carpentry forum. "Can you believe this DIY hack just ripped out that load bearing wall. These guys have no respect for our trade I'm thinking about dropping a dime to the inspector........" :grin:

Hah, its not a load bearing wall, but thanks for your concern. :) Its a ranch with trusses... :)

e57

Locally the realty agents have a lingo for eccentric / hack job wiring.... They say - "the former owner was an electrician"

Everytime I go do a service call on a home that was just sold - the owner tells me, that the realty agent told them that. It's a secret code for "H.S. Batman! - Where do we begin to start over?"

Truth is - that everytime I see one of these joints there is no way the joker who wired was an electrian - maybe a plumber. :roll:

Jhaney

well I got official notice today that I will be laid off at the end of October, just in time for my daughter to be born, seems they are getting rid of my whole department and contracting it out of Houston TX.
Back too looking for work, yeah :(

Jim W in Tampa

well I got official notice today that I will be laid off at the end of October, just in time for my daughter to be born, seems they are getting rid of my whole department and contracting it out of Houston TX.
Back too looking for work, yeah :(

Be very carefull. Finding a new job early could mess up your unemployment checks. If you quit and new job does not work out then your in a jam. Atleast they gave you a warning,few do that. My bet is they hope you leave before they get to be the ones paying for it.

ArcNSpark

Today is the end of my first week of "vacation." We've been struggling like everyone else; the boss took the decent way of handling things: Two guys at a time take a month off. I go back the second week of September, along with one of the apprentices who is also on the bench, and two other guys take the month off.

Two weeks without pay before the unemployment check comes in will make things mighty tight here...but believe me, I know it could be WAY worse.

Jhaney

Be very carefull. Finding a new job early could mess up your unemployment checks. If you quit and new job does not work out then your in a jam. Atleast they gave you a warning,few do that. My bet is they hope you leave before they get to be the ones paying for it.

Thanks for the advice I never thought about it that way before.

wawireguy

Nothing wrong with continuing to work for them until they actually lay you off. Maybe something will change with the company also. I agree with Jim unless you get a stellar offer from a company you can trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.