Detailed Conduit Routing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
If they did not follow their route, they will take it out and pout it where......it was designed to go.:roll:
A true story, but one that happened long enough ago that the details are not firmly in my mind any more.

Place I used to work at did a design/build/install project in CA. the PE doing the seismic calcs wanted the conduits on the drawings. We did as he asked.

Well into the job we discovered that he had added some bracing to something that ended up right in the middle of one of our pipe racks. One that had like ten 6" (or maybe they were 8") PVDF pipes running in it. No real easy way to move it since all the pieces were already fabricated.

They ended up deciding to pour a concrete pier around the pipe rack for the bracing. Came out looking like a 15 foot high needle with an elongated horizontal eye where the pipe rack was.

What is an Electrical Designer

What is an Electrical Designer

I have seen posts by electrical designers on this site many times, and I see that some of them are registered here as electrical designers.
I have been dealing with an electrical designer on a jobsite in the last week.
I never heard of this designation until recently. What are the requirements to be called an electrical designer?

Had a friend a few years ago that went to China for 2 years to be the EC construction manager for a large midrise (7-8 stories) hotel project. He brought back blueprints--they had every conduit run completely drawn out back to the panel, every feeder drawn on the plans from the panels to the chases, and a very intricate riser diagram of all feeders from the service up. The plan was so busy I was dizzy!

All that, plus photos of the scaffolding--bamboo lengths lashed together with ropes over 100 feet in the air.

Perhaps a little mixup on priorities--anybody ever die from a homerun arrow that doesn't detail the last 100 feet to the panel? Of course, most of the job site labor was from other countries, or from the (rural) country areas of China.

It's like sausage--

Status
Not open for further replies.